Casual hospital workers may think they can’t access any health benefits from work. Benefits are typically reserved for full-time employees, right? In fact, casual hospital workers can access group benefits. There are many great reasons to apply for group benefits as a casual hospital worker. Here’s why group benefits are important for casual hospital workers.
To Get Help Paying for Medical Care
In Canada, the government pays for about 70 percent of medical care costs. Basic medical services, like visits to the emergency room or to your family doctor, are publicly funded. However, the other 30 percent of medical costs aren’t paid for by the government. Patients need to pay for those costs on their own.
Prescription drugs, dental care, vision care, and paramedical services are just some of the things patients need to pay for on their own. The costs of these services can put a strain on patients’ budgets. Some patients may even need to forgo medical care because of the costs.
That’s where group benefits plans come in. These plans help you pay for the services that aren’t already covered through the government. For example, you need to pay for a prescription drug, your benefits plan will help. If you need to go to the dentist, your benefits plan can help with the costs. This means you’ll be able to get the treatments you need.
To Give Yourself Peace of Mind
Anyone can face unexpected medical issues, and these issues can be expensive. People without group benefits plans could feel anxious about what could happen in the future. Casual hospital employees with group benefits plans can feel secure that they’ll be able to pay for care.
With HCP’s Plan 2, coverage will be there when you need it. The plan includes $1,000,000 coverage for emergency medical services during out of country travel. When you’re enjoying a holiday, you can relax instead of worrying what would happen if you had an emergency. The essential level of the plan also covers $1,500 for accidental injury to natural teeth. You won’t have to worry about what happens if you break a tooth in the future, you’ll know you can get it fixed right away.
This peace of mind is very valuable. Hopefully, you won’t encounter any types of medical emergencies. If you do, you’ll have help paying for them.
To Get Insurance You Qualify For
Have you tried to buy individual health insurance in the past but been denied? For individual plans, insurance providers need to see evidence of insurability. This means they need to see that you’re in good health before they insure you. If you have pre-existing medical conditions, it can be hard to get coverage. Common pre-existing conditions include high blood pressure and asthma, but any health issue you’ve seen a doctor for counts as pre-existing. This is the case even if the doctor didn’t diagnose you with anything.
This isn’t a problem with group health insurance. Casual hospital workers are insured as a group. This means you don’t need to fill out any medical questionnaires to apply for group coverage. If you apply for HCP’s Plan 2, you’re guaranteed to be covered at the Essential coverage level. This is a great option for casual hospital employees who haven’t been able to secure individual health benefits.
If you want, you can provide medical information to be considered for more extensive coverage at no additional cost. This is completely optional, and you only need to provide this information if you want to try to get more coverage. If you don’t provide a Statement of Health, you’ll still get covered at the Essential level.